Saturday, December 22, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

adapted from Dawn S.
 
In a small bowl, combine and set aside:
2 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
 
Combine:
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. margarine*
1/2 c. shortening**
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
 
Beat butter and sugar mixture until creamy.  Beat in 2 eggs.  Add flour mixture, mix well.  Stir in 6 oz. (1 c.) chocolate chips.  Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. 
 
Bake at 375 degrees, 8-10 minutes.
 
Makes 100 2" cookies
 
*I usually substitute butter for the margarine these days, but that combo gave these cookies the perfect texture....
**I did use lard in place of the shortening in 2012, but wasn't happy with how much the cookies spread out.  I'm not giving up, though!
 
Note:  I usually refrigerate the dough, then roll the dough into balls.

For Christmas, I use mint chocolate chips and make the cookies smaller.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment